Afghan security forces killed 100 terrorists in 24 hours, clashes with Taliban intensified

Regarding the deadly attack on an Israeli oil tanker in the Arabian Sea, the US Navy said that the ship was targeted by a drone. The US Navy said that a drone attack has been carried out on an oil tanker off the Oman coast in the Arabian Sea. As a result, two people aboard were killed. The US Army has given this information on Saturday. Thursday night’s attack on the oil tanker Mercer Street is the first deadly attack on commercial shipping in the region in many years due to tensions over the breakdown of its nuclear deal with Iran.

Iran did not directly take responsibility for the attack

Although no one has yet claimed responsibility for the attack, Israeli officials have accused Iran of carrying out a drone strike. On the other hand, Iran has not directly accepted responsibility for this attack. The special thing is that this attack has come at a time when Tehran is moving towards taking an even tougher stance with the West. Not only this, Iran is seen showing staunch support for Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei as President.

Two crew members died in the attack

The US Navy’s West Asia-based Fifth Fleet said in a statement on Saturday that the nuclear-powered US aircraft carrier USS Ronald Reagan and the guided missile destroyer USS Mitscher are now escorting it until it reaches the safe harbor at Mercer Street. A day earlier, the company that managed the oil tanker had said that two of the crew, who were residents of Britain and Romania, had died in the attack.

America ready to cooperate in the investigation of the attack

The Fifth Fleet said US Navy explosives specialists are now on board the ship. To ensure there is no additional danger to the crew members, they are ready to cooperate with the investigation of the attack, he said. He said that from the initial indications it is clear that this is a drone attack. There is currently a proxy war between Iran and Israel. Former US President Donald Trump unilaterally withdrew from the agreement in 2018. Since then there have been several attacks on ships in the region and their suspicions have been directed towards Iran.

.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*